I guess it’s time to establish some rules for commenting.
I started DealerRefresh as a place to write about my thoughts, opinions and daily obstacles as an Internet Sales Manager. Over the course of the last year or so, DealerRefresh has become quite the popular site and is now being looked upon as a resource for Internet Sales Managers and others in this business.
It’s been a tough call for me..do I keep the site geared towards my personal opinions and thoughts (while allowing others to comment) or do I try and stay neutral and allow DealerRefresh to transform itself into a unbiased resource? I’m torn! Maybe it’s possible for both to coincide?
I don’t know if I have the answer right now, until then I think it’s important to establish some rules.
So here they are:
- No advertisements inside your comments. (If you want a vendor profile, contact me).
- No Slandering – especially on a personal level. If you have had a bad
experience with a company and their product, please share your thoughts
but keep it tasteful and give examples to back up your opinions and
comments (I would recommend including something positive about your
experience with the product or vendor as well).
- No anonymous posts (unless I authorize) and no “free” email accounts
(yahoo, msn, aol) unless you provide a valid full signature.
- Excessive self-promotion or promotion of a website or other entity will
be deleted. If it reads like you are mad or getting paid by someone for
your words, your comments will be deleted.
- No hyperlinking to your website for promotional purposes within the body of your comments.
- Take full ownership of your comments. Always re-read your comments and feedback before hitting the post button. Don’t call me 3 hours later asking if I’ll remove your comments from the thread because you said something that maybe you shouldn’t have. This is the Internet, take ownership for your actions.
Best to all to DealerRefresh readers. It’s because of YOU this site is what it is!!