I think it’s time to REVIEW the RULES AGAIN for commenting.
There have been a few articles here lately that have run ramped with comments. As much as I would like to, I can’t possibly monitor each and every comment but I ask that we all try and play by the rules. Be open minded of others opinions and make every effort to be courteous, civil and understanding.
- No Slandering – especially on a personal level. If you have had a bad experience with a company or their product, please share your thoughts but keep it tasteful and give examples to back up your opinions. Do not attack guest writers, writers or commenter’s! Keep it clean and remember we are all here for the same reason (at least we should be).
- No anonymous posts – I admit, this one has gotten a little out of hand. If you have something to say, then it’s only fair to “show your face”. If you are a newbie, use the “Website” portion of the comments form to link to your website, Linkedin page or any other profile page that you use.
- Excessive Pimping or Self-promotion of a website or company will be deleted. Be supportive, offer valuable feedback to other readers. This goes way further then merely plugging yourself or someone else. Believe me, we all see right through it.
- Stay on Topic. The purpose of a post is to discuss that specific topic. Going off topic provides no value to other readers. If there is a topic you would like to discuss, send me an email.
- Take full ownership of your comments. Always re-read your comments and feedback before hitting the post button. Don’t call me 3 hours later asking if I’ll remove your comments from the thread because you said something that maybe you shouldn’t have. This is the Internet, take ownership for your actions.
Did I miss anything?