Enjoy this presentation by Larry Bruce at the last Digital Dealer Conference on his 7 Myths of How People Search For a Car Online.
Larry reviewed 35 hours of people searching for car online on video he came to some shocking revelations that dispell a lot of myths we have been told over the years about how, where and why people shop online for a car.
I would have been nice to have the audio along with this but im the sure the slide show here will give you enough to comprehend the just of it. And if I know Larry, if anyone has any questions, he’ll be around to help out.
A quick summary (Thanks Jay) 🙂
- 3rd Parties DO NOT have a Brand or a trust advantage. They don’t really even have an SEO advantage
- You’re going to get a lot further if you give visitors what they want, when they want it than trying to direct a bunch more people to your website and convert the same lousy %
- Internet users don’t play favorites with new or used cars and both convert equally
- Organic links do not have some magic hold over the customer and are very inconsistent when it comes to intent
- To make PPC really work, you must control all dimensions of the online marketing experience
- Split testing is the only way to consistent double digit conversion rates and constant improvement
- If you believe the internet is an influencing medium only, you may be joining some of the less fortunate car brethren no longer owning a store
- You absolutely can and should eliminate 95% of your dependence on 3rd Parties between you and your visitor/customer.
- Targeted PPC + Remarketing will pick you up to a 40%+ conversion ratio
- Integrating Channels is the right way to increase conversions into the 30% range
How people search – Presentation Transcript