Love him or hate him, no one can deny the tour d’force known at the moment as Charlie Sheen. Though he has brashly “beeped” his way through numerous media interviews and lost his job on Two and a Half Men, he has become an overnight sensation on Twitter. Now, you too can drink #tigersblood, live with #goddesses and #earnyourself as you read Sheen’s thoughtful posts online. But he isn’t just tweeting phrases, he’s adding video through Ustream in a webcast known as Sheen’s Korner (100 million views in two nights time), adding pictures through tweetpics and even advertising for an intern that can down tiger blood with the best of them.
Here’s the truly amazing thing about the entire circus, Sheen has skyrocketed to 2 million followers on Twitter in a week’s time. That’s two million people clamoring for his “wisdom.” While I don’t advocate for living like Charlie Sheen, I do advocate for marketing like him. Some things to note:
- He doesn’t just tweet, he uses every tool at his disposal, video, pictures and more.
- He’s using controversy to his advantage and redirecting the discussion based on his own ideas, not the media.
- Even though he’s lost a prime time show, his popularity is brighter than ever based on his social media prowess.
- Sheen has definitely created a brand around himself and is using it with lightening force.
- He truly does drink tiger blood.
My guess is Sheen will come out unscathed and more in demand than ever. #U’vebeenwarned.