Last week, Google added a few new features to its Local Business Center. This is the place where any business with a physical location can go to essentially plant themselves on Google Maps. If you have not already done so, get your dealer listed in Google Local. This has clear SEO benefits for local search.
- Sign up for a Google account www.google.com
- Go to Google maps http://maps.google.com/maps
- To the left of the map you will see link for Add/Edit Your Business. This will take your to the admin portion of google local. Use the link for “Add a new business”.
- Enter your dealers name and continue.
- You should then see your dealer name from a list of possibilities, if
not, use the option “ My business doesn’t appear here”.
- From here you can fill out or edit your dealer information.
After you have edited your information, you now need to confirm your dealer for Google to authenticate. Google provides 2 ways of doing this (I recommend the phone call – it’s faster).
- Receive a phone call at the number provided
- Receive a postcard at the address provided
Once you have authenticated your dealer, it usually takes about 3 weeks or more for Google to go live with your new or edited local business listing. Google even allows you to add coupons to your listing; I usually rotate a service department special coupon.
If you’re paying big bucks to a vendor for your dealership website SEO and they have not already done this or informed you about this, ask them why.