I Felt like posting this. I know we ISM’s get these emails requests all the time. I usually laugh at them and move on if I can’t get the customer on the phone (in this case).
Now and then I "might" take a stab at them but it’s rare. Keep in mind I’m not a high volume dealer, I’m located in a smaller town right out side of several big dog dealers. This is a HOT just released vehicle AND this customer is not in my market.
How do you guys handle these requests? And be real!!
Original Lead (using John Doe rather the customers actual name)
First Name: John
Last Name: Doe
Email: [email protected]
Day Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
VEHICLE WANTED INFORMATION
Model: C350 Sport Sedan
CUSTOMER COMMENT INFORMATION
Comments: I am Interested in C-350:2008 Model. These are my specification. M.S.R.P.* $37,275 Exterior Color (Metallic paint is optional, resulting in an additional price of $710) Obsidian Black Metallic $710 Interior Color Black Leather1 $1,550 Wood Trims Black Birdseye Maple $0 Options Tele Aid Security and Communications System $650 Packages Multimedia Package $2,950 Gas Guzzler Tax $0 Total $43,135 Please provide me with your best price quote. No Language Preference selected. Address provided is invalid.
Their response to my auto-response
Thanks for the prompt response. I am interested in buying the new 2008 C350 with the specification that I have requested. I am waiting for the best price quote that you can offer. Please feel free to contact me at this account, or my cell.
I have to ask, how much of a discount are you looking for? These are are flying off the shelves and most people are not even asking for a discount.
Thank you for replying back. Just do the best you can. While I requested quote from the website, I also sent it 3 other dealers. I’m waiting for their quotes. You can exclude the security aid that I had added.
Dear John Doe,
No thanks. I have no need to get into a bidding war with other dealers. I’m sure you understand.
Good luck with your purchase. I know you will love the new C-Class.
I guess the consumer feels as if they are going to get their best deal this way. Who knows, they might. I’m sure one of those dealers will whore out a car that we should be allowed to make some money on (at least for 3-4 months).
How do you guys handle these requests? Be real!!