Sunday Sunday Sunday!! I Gotta get back into the Weekly Refresh posting groove. 😀
- Cars.com study reveals that One-third of dealership visitors who used an independent website did not call or send an email before they came to the store. The study explored the connection between online research activity and offline shopping behavior
- AutoTrader.com Puts New Model Information All in One Place.
- An eMarketeer Article – Pitching Cars Online in Tough Times reports the auto industry had the steepest year-over-year drop in ad spending compared to vertical markets.
- The NHSTA FINALLY adds FREE vehicle recall alerts via e-mail, RSS and text. – It’s about time! Hummm how could you use this as a service for your customers?
- The Nielsen Company published an Online Automotive Insight – Total North American auto sales are down 32% from October 2007 to October 2008 with November’s sales forecast not showing much improvement.
Technology and Marketing
- Are Young Adults Really Brand-Resistant? Word of mouth is still the top channel amongst college students.
- Have a Flash intensive dealer website and want to use Google Analytics? Now you can!!
- YouTube is quietly testing out HD (high quality) video and in stereo. Something they deperalty need to support. Another reason that support my decision to buy the new Flip HD! (like I need a reason to purchase a gadget..yea right!)
- Keep your eyes open on Google as they slowly roll out their OpenSocial platform.
- Emarketer was on a roll this week. Read their latest report on Blogs and the Purchasing Decision.
- Seth Godin’s take on what to do about Detriot
- Did everyone see the video of Sarah Palin at a Turkey farm as a Turkey was being slaughtering?