The average consumer is now spending a staggering 18.9 hours per week on a mobile device.
New data reveals:
- Your customer is on a smartphone.
- They are primarily using apps.
Mobile Apps now control 86% of the total time consumers spend on mobile.
Mobile: 73% Growth in Automotive Shopping
2013 saw a 73% growth in the amount of consumers using automotive apps and mobile websites in their vehicle shopping process according to J.D.Power…
The New Mobile Marketing Strategy
As apps have gained traction, brands have already established new priorities for how their mobile marketing strategy is structured. Mobile web, mobile paid search, mobile retargeting, paid app installs, mobile social marketing, and mobile messaging now function as gateways to an app install.
More and more brands are utilizing these advertising channels to encourage an app install. This is not a minor advertising push. Brands are using strong tactics to promote app installs.
The goal of these marketing efforts? Be present on the consumer’s mobile device. Being present on the smartphone now means apps.
Mobile apps now account for 2.31 hours of the consumer’s total daily spend vs. 22 minutes on mobile web.
Apps: Center Of The New Eco-System:
Mobile apps are becoming the central gateway for a host of future technology.
- Wearable Tech
- Nike Fuel (Wristwear), Google Glass (Headwear), Galaxy Gear (Smartwatch) all utilize apps as their center point.
- In-car Technology
- Apple’s Car Play, recently announced Google and Microsoft in-car systems are using apps to provide the next generation of features.
- Location Based Technology
- Major retailers, airlines, and even coffee houses like Starbucks are powering their location based services via apps. At the gate? Your airline ticket automatically pulls up. Arrived at Starbucks? Your scannable card is ready.
All of these features utilize apps at the center of the eco-system.
Are Mobile Apps Tomorrow’s Website?
Today, as mobile becomes the dominate platform, apps are evolving as the primary smartphone medium. As future tech continues to utilize apps as the central gateway, major brands are focusing their mobile marketing strategies around the app install.
Do you think apps are the future website? Why or why not?